Getting the most out of whatever resources are put into a business, is essential. An efficient business is one that keeps a control of their costs, their waste, and makes the most of their staff and their equipment. With energy prices rising and resources also becoming more expensive and harder to source, resource efficiency is an essential part of running your business.
There are a number of different factors that will contribute to resource efficiency including;
- Reducing costs through energy saving measures
- Reducing waste in the business
- Good stock control
- Good purchase control
- Regularly reviewing your overheads to ensure you are getting the best deal.
We are all aware that we must reduce our impact on the environment and information on ways to make this easier can be found via a number of sources.
- De-carbonise your business - update August 2022; this sceme has now come to and end; more information will be provided when a new scheme is available.
- WRAP - Circular Economy & Resource Efficiency Experts
The British Business Bank also has information on how to run your business in a more environmentally appropriate way.